Today (Tuesday 11th February 2014) in Kilmainham IMMA officially launched their programme for 2014.
IMMA’s Director, Sarah Glennie outlined some of what was ahead in IMMA over the year:
- An exhibition celebrating the work of Irish artist Patrick Scott which brings together the most comprehensive representation of this remarkable artist’s 75 year long career
- Two major international retrospective exhibitions by acclaimed Indian artist Sheela Gowda and renowned Brazilian artist Hélio Oiticica
- Trove, an exhibition selected by Irish artist Dorothy Cross showcasing the extraordinary depth of the National Collections of Ireland
- Two exciting new projects by Irish artists Isabel Nolan and Duncan Campbell
- Exhibitions and projects that bring leading examples of international artists work to Ireland including artists Haroon Mirza, Mike Kelley, Linder Sterling and Jeremy Deller
- Light Rhythms an interactive exhibition for families and young people
Following on from the success of the reopening weekend in October 2013, IMMA will present three open weekends in 2014. IMMA looks forward to welcoming everyone to experience exhibitions, family activities, workshops, talks by curators and artists, and more. The weekends will take place on:
- 5th & 6th April,
- 18th & 19th July and
- 7th & 8th November.
For more information visit www.imma.ie.